Join Us to Celebrate
100 Years of the Core Curriculum
Friday, September 27
Be a part of this historic celebration as we kick off the Centennial Year at the Opening Event with President Lee C. Bollinger, Dean James J. Valentini, faculty, students and alumni.
This event kicks off a yearlong celebration, and we invite you to come for part or all of the Opening Event.
Enjoy a festive morning with refreshments, talks and commemorative goodies as we honor the Core and its enduring relevance in today's society.
9:00 — 9:30 a.m
Opening remarks by President Lee C. Bollinger and Dean James J. Valentini. Breakfast will be served.
9:30 — 10:30 a.m.
Core Stories panel moderated by Claire Shipman CC'86, Author and Journalist
- Richard Axel CC'67, Nobel Prize Winning scientist and University Professor
- Patricia Kitcher, Roberta and William Campbell Professor of the Humanities
- Li Lu CC'96, Founder of Himalayan Capital
- Gareth Williams, Anthon Professor of Latin Language and Literature
- Sheena Wright CC'90, President and CEO of United Way of New York City
10:30 — 11:15 a.m.
Mingling, historical exhibit and Core Storytelling booth for guests to take professional photos and videos, along with commemorative items
11:15 — 12:30 p.m.
Enduring Core panel on the Core's timeless relevance across 10 decades. Refreshments offered
- Noam Elcott, Associate Professor of Art History and Archaeology, and Chair of Art Humanities
- David Helfand, Professor of Astronomy, and Chair of Frontiers of Science
- Emmanuelle Saada, Professor of French and Romance Philology, and Carnoy Family Program Chair of Contemporary Civilization
- Elaine Sisman, Anne Parsons Bender Professor of Music, and Chair of Music Humanities
- Joanna Stalnaker, Professor of French and Romance Philology, and Paul Brooke Chair of Literature Humanities
Sign up today to secure your place at this limited-seating event. Select the panels you would like to attend in order to confirm your reservation.
Rotunda, Low Library